Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
FEES AND INVOICES
• Invoices are issued at the commencement of each term or at commencement of lessons. Accounts are due three weeks from Date of Invoice.
• If you wish to pay by instalments, please contact the UHCM Administration Manager.
• A non-refundable $20 late fee will apply to all overdue accounts unless an Instalment Agreement has been negotiated.
• If fees are outstanding at the end of term, lessons will be cancelled.
• If the account is paid within a reasonable time after notification of lessons being cancelled or an Instalment Agreement is negotiated, the student may be able to recommence lessons. (There is no guarantee that the same time or day will be available).
• Fees for workshops, group classes and ensembles are payable by the full term only. No refunds can be given unless these courses are cancelled by the UHCM. (See Page 16 for details of fees and charges.)
MISSED LESSON POLICY
• Teacher times are booked for each term, and therefore lessons missed by the student (for any reason) do not qualify for a refund or make up lesson.
• Lessons missed by the teacher will be made up or credited back to your account at the end of each term.
CANCELLATION OF LESSONS
• If a student intends to cancel lessons both the teacher and the UHCM office must be notified in writing. Withdrawals can only be made at half term or at the end of a term.
• Non-attendance at lessons does not indicate formal cancellation of enrolment and will result in the student having to pay for lessons that they did not attend.
• The Director reserves the right to discontinue lessons where a student’s behaviour or attitude is deemed inappropriate.
• Enrolment carries into the following year unless the UHCM is notified of the student’s intention to not continue lessons in the following year.
LESSONS PROVIDED AT SCHOOLS
• Students undertaking lessons at school are subject to the same regulations as those attending lessons at a UHCM studio, including missed lessons and cancellation of enrolment.
• UHCM is not responsible for any lessons missed by students due to school activities. It is the responsibly of the parent/guardian to notify the UHCM office if a student is going to be absent from lessons due to a school activity.
• It is not the responsibility of your school to notify the UHCM of a school activity.
The UHCM and its staff take no responsibility for the supervision of students outside of scheduled lesson and rehearsal times whilst they are on Conservatorium property.
COMMUNICATION WITH TEACHERS
•Effective communication between students, parents/guardians and teachers is critical to the ongoing musical development of students. It is expected that parents/guardians will ensure instruments, music books and practice diaries are brought to each lesson and that students follow teacher recommendations for daily practice.
•Please respect our policy of no eating, drinking or smoking in any rooms used for lessons or within the Conservatorium building. Smoking is not permitted within school or Conservatorium grounds.
PAYMENT OF FEES
Fees can be paid in the following ways:
• A payment link is provided on each of your invoices. Clicking on the link will take you to a payment gateway.
• Over the phone (bank fees may apply). Call one of our administration team to make a payment via the phone via Credit Card.
In person at the Conservatorium office by cash, cheque, money order or EFTPOS/credit card (fees may apply)
• At the Upper Hunter Shire Council in Scone by cash or cheque
• At any branch of Regional Australia Bank by providing the bank details on the back of your statement
• By mail. Please post remittance advice with your cheque, money order or credit card details (fees apply)
• By paying directly into our bank account (please invoice for details)
• Teachers are unable to accept payment of fees
Late Payment of Fees
As a customer of the Upper Hunter Conservatorium of Music, you agree to pay all amounts due in clear funds from the date of invoice for the Goods and/or Services provided by the Conservatorium.
The Customer agrees that if it fails to pay in accordance with this clause, the Conservatorium may:
(a) Charge a late payment fee of $20.00 on all amounts paid after the due date;
(b) Withhold further lessons and services;
(c) Take steps to secure monies owing and enforce such by using external debt collecting agencies;
(d) Recover all collection and legal costs and expenses incurred in collecting overdue accounts and/or enforcing security interests on an indemnity basis.
CHANGING YOUR ENROLMENT
Current students may alter their enrolment by using the Change of Enrolment Form. Use this form to:
• Enrol in a second instrument or enrol in an ensemble
• Change from shared to individual lessons or vice versa
• Change the duration of the lesson
• Request a change of teacher. (This is only permitted in exceptional circumstances after discussion with the Director)
CANCELLATION OF LESSONS
• Withdrawal from lessons can only occur in Week 5, or at the end of each term.